Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Stomach pain
monroe63 posted:
I have was diagnosed with PD back in 2011. I started having bowel and bladder problems last summer. Early every morning I wake up with a severe burning pain in the lower part of my stomach. It goes away once I get up and move around for awhile. Does anyone else have this problem? Millie

atti_editor responded:
Hi Millie,

I found this article from the Parkinson's Disease Foundation that you might find helpful and interesting. It says that both gastrointestinal and urinary problems are frequent features of Parkinson's, and that if you are experiencing the symptoms explained in the above link, you should not hesitate to bring it to your physician's attention as effective treatment is often available.

Best wishes,
Atti

monroe63 replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks Atti, I read the article , and I will mention these treatment options to my Doctor next Monday. I'm almost sure that my bowel problems are a result of the Parkinson's disease. God Bless You! Millie

atti_editor replied to monroe63's response:
Hi Millie,

How did your appointment go Monday? I hope you were able to get some answers!

-Atti

monroe63 replied to atti_editor's response:
Hi Atti, My appointment is this coming Monday. I will let you know what the Doc said. HAVE A BLESSED DAY! Millie

Helpful Tips

Aware in Care Hospital Action Plan
I just wanted to let you guys know that I found the BEST thing ever to keep with papers that you take to the hospital! It's called ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center