Skip to content
Acupuncture to relieve stiffness In Parkinsons patients
rise_above posted:
My dad who is 80 years old has been dealing with Parkinsons for the past several years. Recently he fell down and had to go thru a partial hip replacement surgery. He is recovering. Although, his Parkinsons symptoms are worsening rapidly.

I have read about the alternative medicine and learned that Acupuncture can help relieve the stiffness. Has anyone tried this? I would love to hear your feedback.

I just want him to be able to get up and walk. Rightnow, he is almost bed-ridden which almost sounds like Stage 5 (last stage). He was able to walk with the help of physiotherapist about 2 months ago, a few days after the surgery. It does not make sense to me that he can not walk all of a sudden. He has been taking Syndopa (cinamet) for the past 5 years.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 49 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center