Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Possible parkinsons?
jram303 posted:
Hello everyone,

My name is joe and I am 29 years old. I have had a long history of health issues. My biggest was stage 3 testicular cancer that was treated almost five years ago. About three years ago I started being really tired all the time. Bad fatigue you could say. It wouldn't matter how much or little sleep I get, it's always there. Then I would not I e my left thumb would twitch off and on at random. I noticed it twitches really bad after playing the drums or typing on my phone. But lately it will just do it on it's own. I woke up the other night to it twitching back and fourth quite subtly. And took a video of it. I would like to share it here and get some input. I know the likely hood of early onset parkinsons is low, but I have been quite anxious about it. I also notice I have lots of muscle twitches. In my legs and arms. My arms also shoot up when I am falling asleep sometimes. Is there a way I can share my video on here? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

atti_editor responded:
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to upload a video right into your post. However, you can upload a video to a video-sharing website like youtube or vimeo and then post the link here. Have you seen a doctor about the symptoms that you describe above? He/She would be best able to give you a diagnosis after an exam, viewing your video and some possible tests. Please let us know how you are doing!

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center