Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Mirror Movement Disorder
court325 posted:
I am 16 years old, and all my life I have not been able to move just one hand. For example, when I bend my left pinky finger, my right pinky finger automatically moves. I am able to type, write, etc. but I find it more difficult than others. I was looking for an exact diagnosis and I am pretty sure I have found the problem. There is a disorder called Mirror Movement Disorder. I have found it on several sites online. (Just google it and you will see the countless sites listed) My question is, since it is not curable, should I just move on or go to a doctor to confirm. My only apprehension is that they will treat me like a guinea pig because Mirror Movement Disorder is so rare.

keykee responded:
my son is 6 and he is having a lot of trouble with his letters, he is left handed but what 1 hand dies the other does. the school is saying he is autistic.. Ive noticed this since he was a baby... Im worried about him. is there a trick u learned to help u through school?

wendy2022 responded:
Hi court325 I do understand what u going through because I have got mirror movement disorder and I'm 32 know. The doctors will not help u out At all. I'm hear if u want to talk about it

wendy2022 replied to keykee's response:
Hi keykee I do understand what u go thought because I got what your son going through and yes he will fine it really hard at school just help him out. I'm hear if you want to talk to.

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center