Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
dizzy vertigo heavy limbs
ottomotion posted:
ME: 21 yrs old. non smoker. male. Tuesday night, I felt really weak and exhausted. I went to bed and I could feel I had a fever. I did not have a thermometer but sweating profusely. bed cover soaked. Wednesday night, no fever but still generally tired and exhausted. No headache, no sore throat, no stomach problems. no appetite. my muscles are really achy. on my way to the clinic I got a cramp in my right calf. Thursday, no fever but still generally tired. no headache, no sore throat, no stomach problems. very dizzy. unable to focus but I can still communicate and converse fine. muscle ache less severe but they feel restless and weird. sort of a sour feel, feel like they are about to tremble almost. no violent twitching or jerks. Friday night, felt fine. still a little tired but better than before. that night started coughing. next morning still coughing and coughing up a little mucus. dizzy and same weird sensation in my legs and arms. harder to stand up, my arms tremble when ever i lift heavy things. same weird feeling in my arms. my back muscles are achy. saturday, not as tired nor sick. coughing subsided but still there. coughing up mucus. what bothers me is the slightly slurred speech and all the sensation in my legs. dizziness comes and goes. headache so I took tylenol. headache goes away. muscle sensations stay. symptoms I am most concerned with: dizziness (feels like head spinning around), hot flash I can tell my face gets hot, then tired exhausted feeling. then they go away for a while, comes back with dizziness, hot flash, tired, exhausted feeling again. i would be talking to my room mate, not thinking about anything, sudden dizziness and the whole cycle. slurred speech slight tough time speaking. while all this is happening, my limbs have the weird sensation and heaviness. feels very weak. my back is generally sore and achy. no difficulty swallowing but as I type this, my arm muscles are sore and heavy. its been 5 days. i am worried this might be neurological. read about ALS but figured too little chance of having it. plus i havent fallen over small bumps. no tick bites or circular rash. so no lyme disease. ive gotten over my flu like symptoms but still left with sensations in limbs and back and dizziness. i should go to the doctor but im going to wait until coughing goes away and infectious symptoms go away completely. if I still have sensations in limbs im going to the clinic again.

ottomotion responded:
ok i am almost convinced I have lyme. I spent July and August in Japan. I slept on the floor and I probably got bitten somewhere there. why I say this is because I had a fever and fatigue for two days there as well. and i thought i was better after the fever and fatigue went away. no sore throat. no coughing no headache. when i came back I had really terrible mis heart beats as well. felt like i was having a heart attach but they went away. now I am having all the neurological problems they are describing on the website. weakness, numbness in muscles. cognitive effects like memory and concentration and speech. dizziness. fever, flu like symptoms. everything perfectly fits my description!!!

Lifes responded:
Hi "Me", You wrote: "should go to the doctor but im going to wait until coughing goes away and infectious symptoms go away completely. " Now, tell me again here, WHY do you plan to wait until AFTER your cough and infectious symptoms are gone before seeing a Dr. ::scratching my head here:: I don't want to come across like a Mom would, but, ya need to go to the doctors. You could have just a generalized flu. You could have acquired something in Japan. But you and this board can sit around guessing for a long time and never get a right answer. The biggest worldwide concern this year is N1H1 "swine flu" which hits mostly younger persons, babies through 20s. You're in the right age group. You were recently traveling, overseas, in a country that's also seen high #s infected by this flu. It has killed young people, but Drs don't know why yet. So the #1 best thing you can do for yourself AND everyone around you is GO TO A REAL DOCTOR -- now, not when you feel better. If it is N1H1, you risk infecting anyone who's in contact with you. I hear the bug can be identified via blood work but results can take a while. During that time, if they suspect swine flu, they will treat as if it is that. Please go to the Dr. Stop trying to guess what's wrong-- just go let him or her diagnose you. Lifes

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center