Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Parkinson's and remission of Parkinson's Disease
    sparky1109 posted:
    I have recently moved to a supportive living facility and discovered a marked improvement in the physycal sypmtpms of my disease.I previously lived in a high rise condominium in the depths of a large city. My current abode is in a more rural area, and the facility contains many large spaces.Also, my symptoms have varied widely with the changing of the seasons, and the quality of the weather over a period of time.My PD is classified ideopathic, however at various times in my life I have experienced extraordinary stress. I was diagnosed eight years ago at which time I exhibeted extreme tremour and have, at times, suffered long bouts of dysconesia of which there is not trace now and has not been for at
    least a year.Lastly Parkinson's is supposed to get worse as time goes by. I swear my physical symptoms are improving. Psychiatric difficulties are, however another matter. Is it possible that I have been misdiagnosed?
    Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
    Hi, sparky1109,
    I am not sure if I can really answer your questions, but do believe rural living agrees with you! In my practice if a patient has a rapid worsening of PD symptoms I look for three basic things: 1) Medication Error, 2) another illness - usually an infection, such as a pneumonia or urinary tract infection and 3) severe stress.

    I suspect that the worry of life in your prior living situation, and your worry about the new home was quite intense. When all turned out for the better - so did you.

    With that said you may want to establish care with a new neurologist in the area, and ask the new doctor your questions.

    Helpful Tips

    Parkinson's app for iPad
    I found a free app for my iPhone/iPad and it seems to be pretty good. It's called Parkinson's Central and it is sponsored by the National ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center