Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
Azilect
pamgreene posted:
I learned about 3 years ago that I had Parkinsons disease.I am presently taking 4/ 25mg sinemet and 4/ 25 mg.requip per day.I was prescribe1/azilect about 3 months ago.
I began having eye problems.My eyes began to blur, hurt and burn to the point there were times I could hardly see.I love to read and it has taken me almost 6 months to read a book.I guess my point to all of this is the eye problem due to the azilect or the Parkinsons.

njladyluck responded:
Hi, Just wanted to comment to your post. I was diagnosed in July 2010 and about 2 months later started having terrible blurred vision and refocusing problems when reading a book or working on computer. The worst was at work while on the computer and seemed to come on at the worst possible times when I was overly tired from facing the computer all day or stressed out. It used to terrify me and I didn't know what was going to happen. I started taking 1 tab a day of Azilect in Nov. 2010 and the first relief was that the blurred vision stopped. Stressed out or tired at work the losing focus and blurred vision has not come back. I know with PD, symptoms do come and go so this might be the reason I no longer have the vision problem at this point in time. Although I was positive it was the Azilect relieving the symptom. It will be interesting to hear Dr. Stacy's response.

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Dear pamgreene
I do not know of any eye problem associated with Azilect (rasagiline). Blurred vision related to PD most often is a result of decreased blinking and dry eyes. When the cornea (the outer clear area of the eye) gets dry, it will sometimes become cloudy. Frequent use of eye drops - 4-6 times per day for several weeks should improve this. If not, I would recommend a visit with an ophthalmologist.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Parkinson's app for iPad
I found a free app for my iPhone/iPad and it seems to be pretty good. It's called Parkinson's Central and it is sponsored by the National ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center