Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    sleeping problems
    sparky1109 posted:
    I was diagnosed with PD eight years ago. Recently I have been experiencing my head turning tightly to my strong side as I sleep resulting in a painful cramp on my weak (left) side when I wake. Is there any remedy for this?
    Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
    Hi, Sparky1109
    It sounds like you are having some wearing off from levodopa during the night. There are several options to discuss with your doctor. You may wish to take and additional half tablet during the night, if you wake up during the night. Also, trying a dopamine agonist (pramipexole or ropinirole) at bedime may help - especially if you can try the long acting form. Another potential solution is baclofen 10-20 mg at bedtime. This should give you and your doctor some things to talk about, and remember, your doctor knows you better than the person typing this message. Good luck

    Helpful Tips

    What would you like to know?Expert
    Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center