Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Best advice for newly diagnosed...
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
If you are a caregiver or experiencing Parkinson's, what is your best advice for those newly diagnosed? What systems or routines do you use that help get through the day?

Haylen

sylverrae responded:
For my mother when she was first diagnosed in 1993 the new meds at that time kept the PD in check, she also road a excercise bike everyday for about 5 miles this seemed to reduce the stiffness she was having. At this time in her disease which has been about a year she is now mostly in bed and needing 24 hour care but up until that time she did very well with the routine she was on.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sylverrae's response:
Thanks sylverrae. Really proactive of your mom to ride the bike - I'm sorry to hear that she's declined. My hope is that medical advances continue to introduce new meds.

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center