Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
My Doc thinks I'm exaggerating????
cinderellaC posted:
I am a 49 yo F. w/ juvenile onset diabetes (on insulin pump), my H1G or is it H1C whatever usually runs in the 7's so its ok. My brain on the other hand not so good... I shake... my body aches, told I have fibromyalgia, I'm having trouble typing because I have to keep backspacing to deleate the double letters that i'm typing. I am in so much pain - do have herniated disc's in my back and neck, a shoulder that is semi-frozen for several yrs. I wake up and can't turn over in bed and a couple times I made it out of bed and couldn't move - screamed in pain for my husband to get up and help me - practically carried me to the bathroom. I thought I had early dementia and the neurologist acted like I was an idiot! My reg. doc (my - I'm trying to remember what she is called -endoctrinologist) isn't going to believe me. I think I have Parkinson's and maybe its related to Diabetes somehow? Who is that actor??? He is my age?

nana6533 responded:
Micheal J. Fox......

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi cinderellaC -

Have you been to see your regular doc? Make sure bring your husband with you to your appointment to discuss all of your symptoms - and bring in (and take) detailed notes.

I'm not sure why you think a doctor "wouldn't believe" you?

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center