Skip to content


Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
I fineally accepted P.D.
donnadee49 posted:
I am a 62 year old who has been treated for Parkinsons symptoms for about 4 years. Recently friends and family have noticed a facial change and speech garbling at times.I guess I'm relieved not to be guessing anymore. No Tremors. Just a bad gait in walking and now the face.I have a wonderful neuroligist, psychiatrist, and G.P. who all love and support me.I am scared. Any voices out there?
worn1 responded:
i'm sure Dr Stacy will have more to add.
Have you told your neurologist and gp about these changes? It may not be parkinsons related. If it is they can refer you to a speech therapist and adjust you medications. If not do not waste any time in calling them. Also ask if physical therapy would help you with your walking.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi donnadee49,

Thank you for posting. You've landed in a supportive community supported by a wonderful expert, Dr. Stacy. (and great members like worn1)

Have you asked your medical team about counseling or local groups that might help you feel less scared? Here's a link that might have some additional information:

Parkinson's Disease Heath Center - Support & Resources

More voices is always comforting!


Helpful Tips

Vehicle for the Mobility Challenged
My husband has PD and was having a difficult time getting into and out of my Hyundai Elantra. Both because of the limited space between the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center