Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Introduce yourself!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Are you a new visitor? A regular member? Maybe a "lurker"? (one who reads a board but doesn't post)

Let's see who's "in our neighborhood" here in the Parkinson's Disease Community!

My name is Haylen and I'll bring you up to date information from the WebMD Health News Center. We are very fortunate to have a GREAT expert, Dr. Mark Stacy who answers your questions.

About me:
I live in Southern California. My avatar photo is of my daughters, ages 3 and 6. I'm originally from Oklahoma.

Who is next?

Haylen

worn1 responded:
My name is Jo better known by the Parkinson Community as Worn 1. I became involved in health care at the age of 16. I also volunteer for the Virginia German Shepherd Rescue. The photo you see is Taz a germans shepherd mix who is hearing and sight impaired. I reside in the beautiful state of Virginia.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to worn1's response:
Hi Jo.

Thank you for all of your insight in this community.

Taz is adorable and looks so sweet! Your work with the rescue organization is to be commended, We have 2 rescue dogs that bring our family so much happiness.

Virginia is one state I have not visited but I understand it is absolutely beautiful! I just heard the weather report and it is going to be upper 90s here today. I'm ready for fall!

Who is next?

Haylen

njladyluck responded:
I am Deb and live in NJ and was diagnosed with stage 2 PD 7/7/10. I started looking at WebMD shortly after being diagnosed and really appreciate WebMD and Dr. Stacy for all of the information, tips, etc I have received from this site. I also thank all of the other people with PD who have shared their questions and information. I am also very active on another online website - Daily Strength - I love it there too I work full time and the support groups in my area for pd are all held in the daytime so I unable attend. I am in my early 60s, a wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, friend, employee, and down at the bottom of the list (at this time anyway) a person diagnosed with PD. I take meds and exercise to help control the symptoms of pd. I never make a decision re my treatment in dealing with pd before consulting the posts present and past on WebMD and Daily Strength. Thank you all for being here and sharing.

ruralcornflower responded:
I am a new visitor here...I am recently diagnosed with early stage Parkinsons as of last month by a neurologist. He started me on mirapex. So far so good, I am finding out how important regular exersize is for me. it makes me feel so mudh better and seems to eliminate some of the shaking I get in my right arm/hand. It is a relief to finally be able to give a name to my symptoms. Knowledge is power! Thanks for your informative website.

rural

Helpful Tips

Parkinson's app for iPad
I found a free app for my iPhone/iPad and it seems to be pretty good. It's called Parkinson's Central and it is sponsored by the National ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center