Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
I am scared
themayo posted:
I have just been told by a world and movie knowen dr that I have the
the begining stages of parkinsons disease and i am only 33 years old
I also had a realy bad year with my back I had three surgerys on my lower back and on the third one they fuzed L4L5&S1 and put a full tietanume cage with all of the hard where and also was told that i have asteoprosis in my spin hip and my neck. I am scared what should I do I am verry young to have all of these problems. What should I expect when I get older

iralevine responded:
have p.d for 12 years got it at 48 the first 10 years was not so bad the last two years have been very bad. i wish someone would of told me this .

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi themayo and welcome to the Parkinson's Community. This is a great place to ask questions and get support from others.

Click here: WebMD Parkinson's Disease Health Center

You'll find information about:
Symptoms & Types
Diagnosis & Tests
Treatment & Care
Living & Managing
Support & Resources

It's important to have a solid system of friends, family, caregivers and support groups as you learn more about your needs and treatment.

Please keep visiting here to ask questions and get answers!

Yours in health,

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to iralevine's response:
Hi iralevine,

Have you been reaching out to your health care provider to make sure you are getting the best treatment, care and medication? Do you have any advice for themayo?

Haylen

iralevine replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
try to be active, I BUILT A GYM FOR MYSELF , I HAVE A TRAINER COME TO MY HOUSE TWO TIMES A WEEK TO WORK ME OUT AND TO STREACH ME, I ALSO HAVE A BAD BACK I SAY MY BACK IS MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN PD.
I TOOK UP GOLF AND LOVE IT, GREAT GAME ITS NICE TO WAKE UP AT 6.00 AM TAKE MY MEDS AND GETTOTHE FIRST HOLE AT 730- 1200 YOU FORGET ABOUT PD. YOU TRY TOGET A GOOD GAMES ,I fall about 2 or threetimes agames its grass and soft, I have done a360 hitting a ball but i made a great shoot, thats thefun of thegame, yes the next day my back is in a lot of pain, be active -do not sit home and watch t,v.yes the next day im watching t,v, also.

lovedogs1955 replied to iralevine's response:
You have to stay as active as possible, even on the days that you don't think you can move a muscle! My dogs are my best therapy---we go for at least one walk a day, It's very hard to get some of my calf muscles stretched as much as they should be. Ask your doctor for a PT consultation so that a home exercise program can be developed for you.

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center