Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
azilect
mbbuffy posted:
My dad was recently given Azilect to help his parkinsons. Now he is so confused that he can not do everyday activities. Its like his brain can not think of how to balance a check book. Where things are in the house and certaintly can't drive right now. He has been taken off of the medacine but how long does the effects last?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi mbbuffy,

I'm sorry to hear about your father's reaction. You can check in with the WebMD Drugs and Supplements area to find up to date information about a particular prescription and read user reviews.

Click here to learn more: Drugs & Medications A - Z

There might be users who have had similar experiences and can share their experiences.

Yours in health,

Haylen

mbbuffy replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much for letting me know that. We have been in the hospital and gone to his neurologist and its not his parkinson's so they think it is something else so more tests to come. Really appreciate your help.

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center