Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
lungs and PD
wmalice posted:
I have been having problems with my lungs low oxygen saturation level. Is this common with PD?

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Hi, wmalice
Low oxygen saturation is not considered to be a direct effect of PD. However, PD can worsen a lung condition, because it may affect your ability to take a deep breath. I would recommend a pulmonary evaluation with a Pulmonary Function Test, to help sort this out.

wmalice replied to Mark A Stacy, MD's response:
Thank you so much for all the great information you give it is so helpful.

ande11 replied to Mark A Stacy, MD's response:
My Mom , 87, now has a feeding tube and lots of throat mucus. What will help with that? Thanks

susiemargaret replied to ande11's response:
hello, A --

i hope you are still following this thread; i'm sorry i didn't see your post until today.

dr. stacy is more likely to see your inquiry if you post it as a separate discussion. you can do this by hovering over the orange "post now" button at the top or bottom right, then clicking on "discussion." that will take you to a blank box for your message.

thanks!

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 81 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center