Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
sense of humor
worn1 posted:
for those who are able to poke fun at parkinson--vist the dopamine chronicle. the author has parkinsons and a sense of humor.
w
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lovedogs1955 responded:
Thanks, worn1! Boy, a sense of humor DOES go a long way, doesn't it?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to lovedogs1955's response:
Thanks w!

Everyone needs a good laugh! I also moderate the Breast Cancer Community and those ladies know how to crack each other up. Newbies there are thrilled to get great advice, support AND laughs.

Have a great day -

Haylen

susiemargaret responded:
hello, W --

what is the computer address? i tried to google "dopamine chronicle" and couldn't get anywhere.

thanks!

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

worn1 replied to susiemargaret's response:
http://thedopaminechronicles,wordpress.com/
Susiemargaret I hope it works.
w

worn1 replied to worn1's response:
Susiemargaret I got an oops but it redirected to the web sight.
Hows your research concerning cancer. I am in the cancer community right now and one of the questions is from tim carey. He had undifferentiated sacorma of the liver at 6 years of age. It is a rare cancer and hard to find info on. He is also trying to find the medical write up about his case. Think you could help?
w

susiemargaret replied to worn1's response:
hello, W --

i found "the dopamine chronicles," and it cracked me up! the correct address is http://thedopaminechronicles.wordpress.com .

take care, W --

susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

hello again, W --

i'll skip over to the cancer community and take a look at tim carey's post.

-- susie margaret

hello, W --

can you tell me which cancer community tim carey is in? and either how he signs his name or what the title of his post is? i've been doing some skipping around in the various cancer communities, and i can't seem to find the right message. thanks!

-- susie margaret

Morning susie margaret
health A=Z

select cancer community

->See all communities

Under TOPICS select WEBMD CANCER COMMUNITY

REPLY: undifferentiated sarcoma of the liver
Tim Carey
See you there
Thanks
W

hello, W --

well, i tried on tim carey's message, http://forums.webmd.com/3/cancer-community/forum/238 . mainly i just gave him some suggestions for places he might look.

if you can think of something else i can do, let me know. i admire your willingness to help out the people in our various communities!

-- susie margaret

Thanks susiemargaret
I know he is looking for an article that was supposed to have been printed about him and his treatment. I just could not find it. I think he is going to have to contact the DR he had at the time. As far as helping people in other communities it scares me to see some of these questions and they have not seen a doctor. My husband just finished having surgery, chemo and radiation therapy for oral cancer. Now we wait 5 years to see if it is going to return. That is how I became involved in the cancer community. tI would really be nice if a group of cancer experts would take turns either answering questions or directing people in the direction they need to go.
I believe in the old saying do onto others as you would have them do onto you. In other words help those that need it and hopefully they will pay it forward.
I wish I had your talent for locating information. That is quite a gift you have.

w

hello again, W --

thanks for the compliment. the respect is mutual.

-- susie margaret

susiemargaret
have you read the latest exchange from tim? Do you get the feeling he is not being exactly on the up and up.
w

hello, W --

yes, there is something weird about this inquiry. i don't see how he expects us to find accurate statistics when he himself says they are all over the place.

plus, i found his dr with a 30-second google search, http://www.saintfrancis.com/patient/physicianDirectory.aspx .

he wants to write this book without dr. kirkpatrick knowing about it is my guess. if he wants to sue for some reason (but the guy cured him!), the statute of limitations will be long gone by now.

your most recent reply to him is exactly what i would say.

other ideas?

-- susie margaret

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 81 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center