Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Could someone please help me...
    fordk5 posted:
    I am 37 years old and have been feeling very "off" for about 2 years. It started with rampant muscle twitches. Now I have a tremor, too. (although it doesn't seem like the classic resting tremor I read about, but rather gets worse as I move my hands. I have noticed things like changes in handwriting; I was having minor swallowing issues for 4 or 5 months which has subsided; playing the piano seems more laborious now; my muscles seem more easily fatigued; my movements seem more deliberate as opposed to autonomic; walking seems slightly clumsier; I seem more mentally scattered as though I can't multitask as well as I used to; my face looks different to me; and suddenly, I have been having panic attacks. I have had an MRI an EMG and all the blood work etc. which show no lesions or anything else of concern.
    2 neuros say I'm fine and it's stress.
    After doing some research, I am now starting to think I may have PD. I am very frightened. Being in law school, this is wreaking indescribable havoc on me.

    Thank you very much.
    pjpatti responded:
    I had a very similar case for 4 years. I am now 40. Recently, my doctor prescribed Sinemet CR and found that it stopped most symptoms. So, with that info he was able to officially diagnose PD. Maybe you could suggest something like that just so you can know.
    Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
    Dear fordk5,
    The type of symptoms you describe sound more like Benign Essential Tremor. You may want to look at International Essential Tremor Foundation website. I would encourage you to do this, and think it will be reassuring. That may help with your stress.

    and remember - you can do Law School!

    Helpful Tips

    What would you like to know?Expert
    Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center