Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
IN A QUANDRY
granbaker posted:
I am a 73 year old female. I have been diagnoised by two nueros with PD about 4 years ago. I am now taking ropinirole HCL 3 mg, 4 times a day. I really don't recognize the PD symptons that I read about in myself except the tremors in my hands. I also have some cclumsey moments and have fallen a few times. My last nuero appointment was 2 weeks ago. The Dr. is now questioning the diagnosy of PD. He talked about essential tremors. He did not take me off the ropinirole. If I don't have PD should I still be on that medication? Should I seek a third opinion? Or just wait to see what developes next? I feel very silly about the whole thing.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Please don't feel silly for being concerned about your health! It's so important to be proactive when dealing with a serious health issue.

Please ask your doctor about the medication (never stop, start or change the dose of a prescription without speaking with your medical professional).

If you don't feel comfortable with the answers, other opinions are appropriate. Give your doctor's office a call today!

Haylen

granbaker replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Can you tell me when The blood test will be available? If it already out what is the name. I want to request this test from my neuroligist.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to granbaker's response:
It's not out and from the article, it looks like it might be a long way from adoption...For now, the best route is to work closely with your doctor to diagnose and treat your symptoms.

Helpful Tips

Parkinson's app for iPad
I found a free app for my iPhone/iPad and it seems to be pretty good. It's called Parkinson's Central and it is sponsored by the National ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center