Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Parkinson's without tremors
fsuokie posted:
I was diagnosed with Parkinson's last year and put on medication. I do not have tremors. Is that unusual. Have all the other symptoms and the medication has helped a lot

granbaker responded:
I have been diagnosed for about 5 years. It was based on my tremors. I take requip and that works well. However, at my last apointment the Neurologist has began to doubt that I have Parkinson's. He blames the medication I was on for mental health. He is now talking about the tremors being what he calls essental tremors and has perscribed a different medication. I really don't know the answer to your question, only my own experience.

lovedogs1955 responded:
I have very fine tremors constantly, that become more noticeable when I am tired, stressed or anxious. If you are able to do some research, you will notice that not everyone gets tremors. PD is a very individualized disease process, so we all have different symptoms and experiences.

granbaker replied to lovedogs1955's response:
Dear lovedogs1955, I also have fine tremors constantly however they do not escalate with stress. My last visit to the neuro he suggested that I might have "essential tremors" which are not a PD thing and perscribed a different medication. I am presently taking requip with very good results. Just starting this new medication. He suggested I might be misdiagnoised with PD. That threw me into a tailspin. I really don't have a lot of the symptons that go along with PD, but I thought the requip was taking care of them. What do to next? He suggested we wait and watch and see how I progress. I sure wish that blood test was available. As you say we all have different symptons and I have heard it say PD is very hard too diagnos. Scary isnt it.

lovedogs1955 replied to granbaker's response:
PD affects SO many parts of the body. Not everyone gets affected the same way. Heck, I am a retired RN with over 30 years of experience and didn't really know about all of the various things that can happen. For example, I never knew that it is common for PD patients to lose their sense of smell. There are several good websites to look at for other symptoms, including methods of coping and special portions for our caregivers.

Helpful Tips

Parkinson's app for iPad
I found a free app for my iPhone/iPad and it seems to be pretty good. It's called Parkinson's Central and it is sponsored by the National ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center