Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Hand Grip lost
Jahanzaib posted:
Hello every one . I have been having this issue for now a while. It started of as small rash on my left hand. I treated it with ointments my doctor recommended. The rash was itchee and use to burn as well if expose to sunlight. Any ways the rash is now gone but my same hand have started to loosing grip .My fngers at time fold them selves towards the palm. I can hardly pick up or grip any thing from my left hand. I donot have any pain or numbness in the hand. Now i am felling the same felling in my right hand small finger it is alarming as if similar thing happens to my right hand I wont be able to work. I can really use some good advice on this issue.

susiemargaret responded:
hello, J --

it is time to see a neurologist or a rheumatologist. i suggest starting with a neurologist.

obviously, no one can diagnose you over the internet (see PS1), but i have found several articles suggesting that a rash, followed by weakness in the arm or leg, could be caused by the virus that is responsible for shingles (PS2) or could signal an autoimmune problem. whatever it is, a dr needs to figure it out and start treating it.

i send you caring thoughts and hope you will keep us posted.

-- susie margaret

PS1 -- i am not a medical person; i welcome, solicit, and indeed beg for correction, amendment, or replacement of inaccuracies in this post.

PS2 -- shingles is a viral infection of the nerve roots.
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center