Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Thanks for the Insight on PD
ttirrem posted:
I came out of 6th grade going into Junoir High when I started with Grand Mall Seisures. I have had tremers for the Majority of my life as
my son thinks my signature is I'm writing with a squiggly pen. I had my
Physical yesterday and was diagnosed with PD. About 4 monthes ago
my central nervous system went. I am already taking over 4000mg of
Depressants to slow the brain down to keep in line with the body. I
sincerely apologize if I mispelled as my hands are bouncing on the keys that I'm trying to type. I have an appointment with my Neurologist
next month as I had to back off some Meds as my Equalibrium was shot. Which Meds have worked the the best to help control PD. I work
in the Hospital and with the pace I move my tremers increase to where
they are noticed by the staff. Thanks for allowing me to be apart of this
discussion, that they may find a permanent cure someday. The thing
that I notice is that little children are very observant of someone with
any form of shaking disorder. I have had them ask my "Why do you
Shake so much Mr." I tell them that it's the next thing on my To Do
List! Then I ask them to shake each hand and foot and tell them that
they can take that off their things To Do List. I know that it is also caused from being Stressed which is Desserts spelt backwards.
Your PD Bud; Chuck

worn1 responded:
ttirrem
The thing with Parkinsons is what works for one may not work for some one else. I take stalevo, azlect, mirapex and exlon.
I have been able to slow parkinsons down to a crawl. Some are not so lucky.
As far as children go you better believe they are observant. I usually explain that my brain and my hands are having problems communicating. this usually generates more questions but I do not mind. I look at as a way to educate and hopfully spark thier interest in medicine. Adults are courious also but manners take over. Since I work in a hospital I encourage(SP?) questions as it helps them to understand what there patients are going through. Look at as continuieng education. Stress. I have work stress and home stress. My husband has just finished chemo and radiation therapy. To combat the stress I make sure I have down time. My 2 biggest stress relievers are Taz and Shadow. Just sit down with a cup of coffee or milk , relaxing music , talk and pet the pups and the stress just melts away. I also work in the yard and exercise.

Dr Stacy the medication question is out of my league. What meds would you recommend.

w

ttirrem replied to worn1's response:
Thanks so much worn1 for your insight and the various meds
out there for us with PD to slow it down some. I'm already on
Valproic Acid Caps 250mg 9daily, Mysoline 250mg 2daily,
Dilantin 100mg 5daily Levetiracetam 500mg 6daily, Synthroid
75mg 1daily, 1 Iron Pill 38mg 1daily. I no longer drive as I surrendured My D.L. after a seizure and totaling it out I wasn't
sighted for a ticket as it was a medical disorder. When I received the form from the DMV it was No Tickets, No Citations, No Warrents, Clean Record. My wife who stands beside me drives me to Saint Marks Hospital as I've worked in a a Hospital Environment for the past 28 years. I love serving others for all the help I've been given by so many. I feel we are put on this earth to serve each other, and if I can brighten someone's day I feel a great sence of peace. I have a photo graphic memory and I enjoy the 60's-90's music as well as a little dog which is my daughters that seem to say you had a bad day and I have your cure! Look how hard my little tail is wagging. I sincerely appreciate your words as having PD can be very fustrating at times as I've gone to get a small bite to eat
brought in by the I.C.U Staff , and I'm shaking so bad I drop
the spoon and walk away. Feeling really embarrased. This has
been a hard thing ffor me to even write as my hands won't stop
shaking. Your Awesome! Your PD Bud Chuck Reed

worn1 replied to ttirrem's response:
Chuck
I figured you could use a few words of encouragement before seeing your neurologist. Ask about the advances in pd treatment.. Also visit a web site called VIARTIS. It's a parkinson site.
How about finger foods--French fries, Hamburgers or pizza for public meals. if you are shaking too bad have your wife turn on the charm and feed you a couple. no one will know the reason for giving you the fries if she uses flirtation.. she can also use flirtation to hold your beverage with a straw. do not forget to flirt back! Make the outing an adventure.
As far as computers i think they have voice operated computers.
Good luck
w

susiemargaret replied to ttirrem's response:
hello, chuck --

the viartis website is at http://www.viartis.net .

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Helpful Tips

Vehicle for the Mobility Challenged
My husband has PD and was having a difficult time getting into and out of my Hyundai Elantra. Both because of the limited space between the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center