Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Questions of a waundering mind
worn1 posted:
Good morning everyone
I am on vacation for 2 weeks and while working in the yard and playing with taz and shadow. My mind has started to wonder and some of the questions comming up are the following:
Is there any way Parkinson can be related to fibromyalgia? Both dopamine and serotonin are nerotransmitters. If serotonin becomes depleted would this cause dopmine to become depleted. Or could some event or chemical affect both serotonin and dopamine The brain responds to one but not the other. By responding to say the attack on dopamine it ends up destroying it but in the process also eliminated the danger to serotonin allowing for serotonin to survivie.

Could the elimination of carpets, chemicals used in cleaning the house in addition to eating organic foods start the reversal of dopamine destruction?

Since neurotransmitters are dependent on each other what keeps other diseases from appearing?For instance Parkinson and MS
at the same time.

The liver can regenerate itself when damaged. Why can't the rest of the organs do so? Where is the on and off switch?

If science can change astrocytes to dopamine why doesn't the brain change it.?

Do you wonder about the cause and cure of parkinson's and other diseases of the brain. If so what are your questions and thoughts

w

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center