Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
Elderly cocker spaniel
CarlaInNC posted:
My 12 year old cocker doesn't seem to be feeling well today. He's having trouble going up and down the stairs, limps slightly, pants/snors/coughs, and just isn't himself. He also has a lot of gas (more than usual).

When we've been out for walks today, he tires easily and acts like he can barely make it home. He's usually very entheusiastic about his walks.

He had kennel cough about 2 months ago. We treated it and it eased quickly. Otherwise, he's been very healthy all his life.

He just recently had his check up, everything looked good. He is using the bathroom just fine, drinking well, but only nibbling at his food (which is unlike him.)

Any thoughts here? Thanks!

DSchrock responded:
Yes, you should give him Pet Health Defense (probiotics for pets). It has worked wonders on my dogs and cats. Promotes a healthy digestive track which will get rid of his gas and his tiredness. Find it at www.effens.com.

AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Bonnie Beaver, BS, DVM, MS responded:
Any time an older animal doesn't feel well, it can be a bad sign. Especially when there is such a dramatic change from normal. I would encourage you to have your veterinarian check him to be sure it isn't something serious.

I hope things go well.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

milk in nursing dogs
My chihuahua had 6 puppies on April 22nd and now seems to be running out of milk. Two of the six are not gaining weight and will not take ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections