Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    Elderly cocker spaniel
    CarlaInNC posted:
    My 12 year old cocker doesn't seem to be feeling well today. He's having trouble going up and down the stairs, limps slightly, pants/snors/coughs, and just isn't himself. He also has a lot of gas (more than usual).

When we've been out for walks today, he tires easily and acts like he can barely make it home. He's usually very entheusiastic about his walks.

He had kennel cough about 2 months ago. We treated it and it eased quickly. Otherwise, he's been very healthy all his life.

He just recently had his check up, everything looked good. He is using the bathroom just fine, drinking well, but only nibbling at his food (which is unlike him.)

Any thoughts here? Thanks!

DSchrock responded:
    Yes, you should give him Pet Health Defense (probiotics for pets). It has worked wonders on my dogs and cats. Promotes a healthy digestive track which will get rid of his gas and his tiredness. Find it at www.effens.com.

AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
    Bonnie Beaver, BS, DVM, MS responded:
    Any time an older animal doesn't feel well, it can be a bad sign. Especially when there is such a dramatic change from normal. I would encourage you to have your veterinarian check him to be sure it isn't something serious.

I hope things go well.

Helpful Tips

How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
    Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    19 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections