Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
WebMD Halloween Pets Photo Feature
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Does your pet have star power? The WebMD Community wants to showcase our members' pets in their best Halloween garb in upcoming Creature Features on the site.

Have a great photo of Fluffy or Snowball from last Halloween? Or maybe you've already bought the costume for this year? Use the photo upload button when you post to place an image of your pet in costume here in this thread.

Our staff will select photos to be featured in weekly newsletters, slideshows, WebMD the Magazine and more places across the WebMD site.

You can submit your photos from now until Monday, September 27th.

If your pet's photo is selected, we will email you and let you know where to watch for your featured furry, feathered or maybe even scaly baby.

Can't wait to see all of the frightful and fun photos!

How do I upload my photo?

Yours in Health,
The WebMD Community Staff

Attention: Posting your pet's photo in this thread grants WebMD permission to use the image as stated above.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:

Here is Charlie, my big boy kitten; and Lilly, my sweetest girl dog; dressed for Halloween as hockey fans!

- Annie

clovertine responded:
Here's my little princess, Bindi!

tiff93722 responded:
How do you add a picture?

Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to tiff93722's response:
Hi tiff93722,

What I did was create a throwaway email address (such as one from hotmail, gmail, or yahoo, then I signed up at photobucket.com to create a photobucket account for my pets. I made the album private, and then I uploaded a .jpg format photo of my cat and dog from my computer to the photobucket album. Once the photo is in the photobucket album, you can simply copy the photo using your mouse and then paste it into a reply edit box and post your reply on this discussion thread.

- Annie

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to clovertine's response:
Awww...Bindi is adorable! Look at her little tutu. :-)

Keep the photos coming everyone!

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to Annie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi all!

While cutting and pasting can work for some it may not work all the time, I'd recommend using the image uploader when you post (looks like a little blue TV screen). Just click that and then it will ask for a URL, you can upload a photo from any public photo site where you've stored photos.

You may want to be careful using Facebook, though, because when you link to the photo others may be able to see your account and scroll through your other photos. If you're okay with that, then go for it. If not, here are some other places you might use:

Photobucket, Webshots, Fotki...all free services.

Most of these sites will provide you with a public URL (link) that you can use to share the photos off their sites. After you post your photo, look for that URL so you can use it with our post editor here to upload your photo.

We're going to have a document available soon that will walk you all through uploading photos from different sites and browsers. In the meantime if you're having a tough time getting your photo to show up, just yell out, and we'll help you troubleshoot.

Olivia

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:

I stole this pirate dog picture from the Pulse Blog and I thought I'd share.

Wow, I love the pictures of everyone's pets. Maybe I can dress up a horse.

Byroney

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to clovertine's response:
Hey clovertine!

Your photo of Bindi has already been featured! Check it out on the WebMD Pulse blog -- http://blogs.webmd.com/whats-new/2010/08/overheard-in-community-pet-pics-belly-fat-dealing-with-grief-babies-are-expensive.html .

Send to your family and friends. :-)

Olivia

penguie responded:
is this a US user thing only or is it open to us canucks too?

Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to penguie's response:
Hi penguie,

The Pet Photo feature is NOT a contest so go ahead and post photos of your pet!

- Annie

carpetcrawler5 responded:
I know this sounds stupid but how do you put up a picture? All it says to post the URL, which means website, and the picture of my cat isn't on a website, it's on "My Pictures" offfline

shanastash responded:
OOPS, i posted this in the wrong spot! hopefully it works this time! we have a rott & french mastiff mix who kinda looked like scooby! so i made her a teal collar out of felt, hooked it to her real collar and put black food coloring (gel) on her to make "scooby spots"! that halloween, i went as daphnie and my husband went as shaggy!

hope you enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=7093446&id=506725724&ref=fbx_album

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=7093535&id=506725724&ref=fbx_album&fbid=179853060724

penguie responded:

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections