Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Friday Fuzzies ? Do you celebrate your pet?s birthday?
Annie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Friday Fuzzies — Do you celebrate your pet's birthday?

If you know when your pet was born, do you celebrate your pet's birthday? Or even if you don't know their birth date, do you make up a birthday and celebrate with a cake and presents?

My family has always celebrated our pets' birthdays. We get cupcakes; light a candle, sing "Happy Birthday", take photos, and open presents for our pets. Our cat Charlie just turned 1, so he got a new toy mouse that squeaks when it moves! I think he had a lot of fun batting it around like it was a real mouse!

What birthday tales do you have? Share them here!

- Annie

Take the Poll

Do you celebrate your pet's birthday?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

jselleck responded:
My cat Bubby was a shelter baby so when we have the money to celebrate we make a donation to our local animal shelter in his honor. Money is tight and we've only been able to do it twice, but it's something sweet to do.

larsstarscanary responded:
I celebrate my cats' birthdays. They used to run when I would sing Happy Birthday to them. Now they seem to enjoy the attention. I know their birthdays and their zodiac sign readings :)

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

to: Msapprehension
dogs eat their poop by nature. before dogs were "pets" they were wild and ran in packs. they ate their poop everyday for two reasons: 1 - ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections