Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Dog ate chocolate cake
avatar
An_221242 posted:
Has anyone had their dog eat chocolate cake recently? He is acting a little high, but otherwise fine.
Is there anything I should do to help him, or just let it pass through his system?
He is drinking alot of water.
Reply
 
avatar
MikkieKim responded:
CHOCOLATE IS TOXIC TO DOGS. You should keep it well out of reach, and educate yourself as to other toxic foods: grapes, raisins, macadamia nuts, caffeine drinks, alcohol, onions, more. Be sure he drinks a TON of water - keep the bowl full all day and all night, and just deal with extra peeing. If he worsens, take him to the vet immediately.


Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections