Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
Dog Wormer
Tumblefanatic1 posted:
I am currently looking for wormers for the new puppies we have and I came across this wormer and I cannot find any reviews any where I am hoping someone a professional or anyone who came came across this product can help!

its called D-WORM? TASTY PASTE® FOR PUPPIES AND DOGS, 13 G SYRINGE

Home2strays responded:
somewhere on it should be the ingredient list or the generic name on it- what is it?

Tumblefanatic1 replied to Home2strays's response:
Main Ingredients : Piperazine Adipate

AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM responded:
Hi Tumblefanatic,

Piperazine is not a great dewormer. It only gets roundworms but has been around for so long that many roundworms may be resistent. it doesn't get hook worms and many other parasites.
I would encourage you to see a veterinarian as the veterinary products are the best and most effective at getting rid of parasites.
There is a great website:www.capcvet.org where you can get lots of information on common parasites. Keeping them parasite free is so important for their health, and our health.
Dr. Sandy

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections