Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of fur babies and other pets!
Annie_WebMD_Staff posted:
I just want to wish everyone here an early Happy Mother's Day in advance to all the pet mommies of fur babies and other pets!

Whether you are a mom to a cat, dog, bird, reptile, or other creature, I wish you all the best as you think about your pets past and present. I hope you have good memories on Sunday, May 8th and that you do something special with or for your pet that day.

I think about my 3 cats that have crossed over the rainbow bridge as well as my friend's cat and dog whom I used to pet sit that have also passed on.

What memories do you have of your pets?

- Annie
There's nothing better than a warm fuzzy hug from your pet!

Rohvannyn responded:
Thanks for making this thread. Sometimes I'm sad because I know I'll never be mother to a human, and I've had a lot of people wish me "Happy Mother's Day" lately, assuming I have children. I'm sad till I come home and have my furry calico "daughter" come running to greet me!

She talks back when we talk to her, and it's really hilarious when she's done something she knows she's not supposed to do. We'll say "Mouse, don't do that," and she'll chitter and chirp back as if explaining. It's really funny.

My fondest memories of a friend who has passed are of Orion, my best friend and close companion. He was an elegant black cat who used to be leash trained. He even walked a trail with me when he was young. He loved car rides too, but fell out of the habit when he got older and I no longer could keep up with it. He'd lie in my arms every night and usually wake up by patting me on the face with a gentle paw. There will always be a hole in my heart that he used to fill.

Happy Mother's Day to all the pet mothers out there!

Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to Rohvannyn's response:
Hi Rohvannyn,

What a sweet story, your Orion sounds like he was the best cat!

- Annie
There's nothing better than a warm fuzzy hug from your pet!

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections