Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Does a puppy prepare you for parenting?
Annie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Does a puppy prepare you for parenting? Young puppies and babies have a lot in common. They need to be fed round the clock, they pee and poop whenever they need to because they aren't developed enough to do otherwise. They can't be left alone, and they cry a lot! It takes a lot of patience to raise a puppy to an adult dog and to raise a baby to be an adult too.

Check out the fun WebMD Community pet video about Puppies from Dr Will Draper and visit our Puppy Care tab in the Healthy Dogs Guide to learn what your puppy needs.

So if you have a young puppy or if you adopted your dog as a young puppy, do you think it has prepared you to be a parent? Are you a better parent because you have the experience raising a dog from the time it was a puppy? I'm sure that other community members would appreciate your insight so please share your thoughts!

- Annie
There's nothing better than a warm fuzzy hug from your pet!

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Just feed them ?
I caught my dog frantically licking the floor in the middle of the night last night. I took her outside and she started eating dry leaves ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections