Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pets/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

new but used
    kyssis posted:
    I recent got an older chihuahua( around 3 or 4) who refuses to eat anything but beggin strips and has drank very little water in the last 24 hrs. I am very concerned and would like to know if this is normal when you move a dog to a new environment. has anyone had this problem before ? how long before i need to take him to the vet? please help

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Kyssis,

Dogs can certainly be under stress when moving from one home to another, but if your dog isn't drinking water or eating well then you may want to see a vet. If you do not know the current health of your dog, then a visit to the vet will also give you a baseline about the dog's health and whether there are any issues that need to be taken care of.

When I adopted my dog she had parasites if that helps you and we had to see a vet for that.

- Annie
    There's nothing better than a warm fuzzy hug from your pet!

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
    I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    33 of 48 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections