Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Can I give my dog Program AND Capstar in order to get fleas under control
Anon_150560 posted:
I have recently taken over care of a Pekingnese that has a flea problem. Can I give him both tablets to get it started and make sure the control lasts? What is recommended? Please help before my house is infested as well.

Thanks!!!

Violets_are_Blue responded:
I would probably advise giving both at the same time. Program however is not a flea killing product, just sort of birth control. This means while the fleas that bite your dog won't make little fleas, it doesn't stop them from continuing attacking and making her miserable. You can use a Capstar along with a topical product or just the oral medication given a couple days apart.

Amy47454 replied to Violets_are_Blue's response:
Great! Thank you so much. One that goes to work immediately and then the other a couple of days later? I am shampooing and using a "LICE" comb. I have had to get him cut very short to try to get to them nasty things easier. I know it will grow back, but he looks like a cocker spaniel puppy not an 8 yr old Pekingese...

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Just feed them ?
I caught my dog frantically licking the floor in the middle of the night last night. I took her outside and she started eating dry leaves ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections