Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
Cat Question
klumpheidi posted:
I have a male cat, long hair about 8 years old i just found this bump on his neck, its kind of like a zit looking thing but that sticks out of his skin. it dosen't seem to bother him. he's not changed in how he acts still crazy, loves to hunt and eat mice. i don't know if i should be worried about this or wait and see how it goes.
thanks for the help
High-D

Will Draper, DVM responded:
Heidi- you most certainly want to get this checked out by your vet as soon as possible. It could be a "zit", or cyst, but it can also be something as serious as a tumor. You noted that it's on his neck- if it's on the top, just before his back, that's a common place to find vaccine-induced tumors. It could also be a parasite (most common- a larvae, Cuterebra), which is much less of an issue...however, the only way to know is to get it checked out- and the sooner the better. Good luck!
Dr. Will

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

to: Msapprehension
dogs eat their poop by nature. before dogs were "pets" they were wild and ran in packs. they ate their poop everyday for two reasons: 1 - ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections