Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    ear mites
    goffyone posted:
    my little weinner dog mixed with beagle has ear mites that i can get reid of i have used acouple different things and nothing seems to be working. does anyone have any ideas of what to do. i am planning on taking her to the vet but i have to wait about month before i can take her again and i have been fighting this problem for about two monthes now.

Home2strays responded:
    its very uncommon for a dog to have ear mites, not rare but very uncommon. More likely its an ear infection or even could be one of the manges or scabies before ear mites.

Will Draper, DVM replied to Home2strays's response:
    Well put, Home2Strays. Almost unheard of for older dogs to get mites...much more of a kitten/feline issue. My first thought, as mentioned, is a bacterial or yeast infection. Something you can affordably do prior to a vet visit, goffyone, is to get a good ear cleanser from a reputable pet store. Get something with a drying agent and a good acidifier like propylene glycol or salicylic acid. Be sure to get to your vet asap. Best of luck!
    Dr. Will

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections