Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Help with an arthritic dog
dutchworld posted:
I have a 13 year old Rottweiler X Boxer (Kacey). She has arthritis in her hips, back and knees. Her back legs are pretty stiff and she sometimes has trouble getting up. She is on Medicam for pain (daily) and also gets cartrophen injections once a month. She is doing well on this combo but I would like to get her off of the medicam and only use it as needed insted of every day.

I found a product called Level 3 Advance Hip & Joint made by Vet's Best. It has Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin & Hyaluronic Acid plus a bunch of other active ingredients.

I know that other products by Vet's Best seem to work as they are supposed to and I know these ingredients are helpfull with arthritis. I was just wondering if anyone has used this product before and how well (or not well) it worked. Or if there was another product that you have tried that helped. Any thoughts or comments would be helpfull.

Thank you
MJ and Kacey

Home2strays responded:
Glucosamine and chondroitin are great for a low level of arthritis that just needs some extra lubrication in the joints, metacam is an anti inflammatory and likely that means thats your pup is past the point of that helping... that being said you may start her on it and be able to take down the amount per day of the metacam you use but it takes 4-6 weeks for it to build of lubrication in the joints. By the way awesome name

best wishes
Kacey

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections