Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
kitten peeing and pooping in the room
binussha posted:
hello, i have a problem with my male cat, a have 2 kittens in the house,a female and a male, female is not creating any problems,she is ok,the male is peeing in the house,in the corners,somewhere he feels private,in the living room,behind tv, i trained both cats using City Kity toilet system,they were fine until now 2-3 weeks i seen the male a few times behind tv,when i looked ,i smelled pee and the carpet was wet, a cleened a few times,but he still went again ,a blooked that corner for a week,when i unblocked he went there again and pee,but this time he pooped there, i was so mad,that i wanted to throw him out,but i love him ,all i want is to understand why he is doing this,because he was using fine the toilet, now i put the litter box back for him and he is plaiyng with the litter and makes a lot of mess and every time he goes there he starts crying or calling me to go there,i don't understand,what could this be,why he started to do his needs in the room,because the toilet was cleaned a few times daily,also what kind of urine cleaners or sprays work good to clean the carpet and kill the this smell of urine

rohvannyn responded:
Get him checked out because he could have a urinary problem. Does he cry when he tries to pee? If so, that can be a sign. The toilet trainin could have been a bit of an issue too. Also, is the litter box in a comfortable, private place? Some cats really hate to go where it feels too public. If he isn't altered that could be an issue too.

As far as the odor problem, there is a product you can get at feed stores and pet stores that uses oxygenation to remove odor and it is a natural product. I'm blanking on the name and it's a spray, you can ask the employees at the store about it. If I remember it I'll post it here.

Will Draper, DVM responded:
Perfect answer, Rohvannyn. It is important to get a urinalysis done as soon as possible. And, if he is straining and crying a lot- you have to be concerned about possible urinary crystal/stone formation and potential blockage. Get it checked out asap! Good luck!
Dr. Will

binussha replied to Will Draper, DVM's response:
he did not cry before started to pee in the house,,but after a put the litter box back he started to play a lot with the litter,making a mess around and kind of crying and make me come to him, but why he is pooping on the carpet too? if is a urinary problem what could cause this,because he was vas very normal,drinking plenty of water and eating absolutely normal ?

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections