Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Diapers for pets?
    AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
    Ann Hohenhaus, DVM, DACVIM posted:

Take the Poll

Is the use of diapers in pets reasonable or way over the top?
    Check Tales From the Pet Clinic in 2 weeks for more on this topic.
    • I have used a diaper in my cat.
    • No diapers for my cat or dog.
    • I have used a diaper in my dog.
    • Diapers are sometime necessary in sick pets.
    vote
    View Poll Results

rohvannyn responded:
    There are certain cases where diapers may be appropriate such as illness. Of course I would not use one for a grown cat or dog- one, it would drive them crazy, and two, it would interfere with their litterbox or yard training. Also I doubt I could keep one on my cat. It would also mat things into the fur. I much favor absorbant bedding or puppy pads for times like this.

Helpful Tips

I think I finally have an answer for my grass eating Sadie!
    I have a Bloodhound/Lab mix, she is about four years old now, for the last two years she has been doing this same thing and I am so happy ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections