Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
Could I be Allergic to Triflexis???
lzwhizard posted:
Started my dogs on Triflexis approx 1 month ago. We're very close -- they sleep with me and the little male rides on my shoulders in the car. Have been experiencing a sliglthly raised rash, angry red in color in areas where I've had contact with dogs. Have washed everything -- several times -- bleach and very hot water. Unrelieved by Benadryl. This is the only new exposure I can come up with. Anybody out there know the potential for human exposure to this drug??? I need help! Thanks!

AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Bernadine Cruz, DVM responded:
I have been prescribing Trifexis since it was released on the market and have not any of my clients report such a reaction. I would recommend that you make an appointment to see your own doctor and call the Elanco customer support line at 1-888-545-5973. Please do not ignore this issue.
Dr. Bernadine Cruz

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Just feed them ?
I caught my dog frantically licking the floor in the middle of the night last night. I took her outside and she started eating dry leaves ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections