Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
What's the ideal place for my cats...I am going 5 days at Christmas
cindigal posted:
OK...hold on your hats cause this may take a while to explain. I have 2 male cats...Boo (all black) and Tiger (orange tabby). They are about 8 months now and I never left them except once except one time when I went to my sisters whos lives in Chgo. I had plans already for Christmas and I got the kitties from my son who initially adopted them for my granddaughter who turned out allergic to them. He then called me and asked me if I could take them. At first I wasnt going to take them because of I heard these apartments are not supposed to have pets (thats another story). So I gave in because I love pets and he brought them over and of course I fell in love with them. My mom and sister from Florida flew in and we all went to my other sisters in Chgo for Christmas. I had to leave the kittens at home but my son came once a day to feed them and clean the litter. I felt so bad leaving them at home.

So this upcoming Christmas my mom and sister in Florida want me to visit with them for about 5 days. By the way, the lady downstairs told me when I came home that she heard the cats crying every night 5 nights and running all the time. So, I decided this time to bring them somewhere....but where.??. I only brought them to the Vets...one time, because I dont drive at all, my son drove me and the cats to the vet he knows. I dont know anything "boarding" at Vet. I don't have any friends to ask....seriously... I keep to myself. The thought of my cats confine to any "cages" it seems so cruel. My son certainly cant take the cats because of my granddaughter's allergies. I dont know ANY one around me to trust to come to my house to watch them. I am asking some kind of advise of where I can do with my cats when I go on vacation as far as the best place that they can have free time and play with other cats, and they wont be restricted. Thank you.

cindigal

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections