For about a year now, I have had a problem with dizziness. I've had every kind of test imaginable, with no results. My youngest son called me earlier today, & said he had read an article that stated that people exposed to long time cat urine smell can become dizzy. I wanted to see if anyone else has heard that, & if it might be true.
Cat urine consists of mainly three parts. Urea; It makes the urine sticky and allows the other two parts to stick around. Urochrome gives the urine its ugly yellow color that stains carpets, furniture, the wall and anything the cat sprays or urinates on. The third part of the urine is Uric Acid. Uric acid in the urine consists of salts and crystals that give off the extremely pungent odor. These odors attach to minute solids floating in the air, most are in invisible; each article has a positive charge because it's missing an electron. This enables it to drift and is drawn in one direction and then another by air currents imbedding in carpets, drapes and walls creating phantom odors. Carpet and furniture are a reservoir for pet allergens, and the allergens can remain in them for four to six weeks. An ozone generator will remove the odors by seeking out the source and destroying it aerosol sprays and candles only cover the odor with a more pleasant odor. There is a natural permanent application that resolves odor problems. Air-ReNu is a paint addictive; that only has to be applied one time and continues to improve indoor air quality and remove odors as long as the paint is in intact.
Good! I didn't think so, but thought I'd double check before I told my son he was crazy. LOL! I have 2 male cats, neither of which is fixed, (due to financial issues) but, the marking hasn't been a big problem until last year. My son & his girlfriend stayed with me for a while, & the one male would go in their bedroom, & spray. Then they moved, & it stopped. Then my granddaughter moved in, with her little female kitten, who HAS been fixed, & we started to really have a problem with it. I want to get the one male, especially fixed, but he's 13 years old, & has never been out of the house, except on the front steps, & once in the yard. And, trying to get him in a cage, will be next to impossible. I already have to chase him all over the house to catch him to put on flea med. I even asked my vet about a tranquilizer to put him to sleep for a bit, so I could get him to the office. But, he wouldn't do that, of course. Max isn't used to any one but me, & has kind of adjusted to my granddaughter, but anyone else comes in, & he's gone in hiding somewhere.
Well, I don't notice it much, unless it has just happened, & I always use some cleaner with bleach in it to get rid of it. I will have to try the ozone generator, if it's not too expensive, or I may try the Air-ReNu & paint around some inside the trailer, & see if that helps any. Thanks for the info!
This is probably what he read. But, I did talk to my doctor about it, & she said that while ammonia fumes can cause problems, she doubted very seriously if this is what's causing my problem. I always clean any place they mark immediately, & I never deliberately smell of it, not if I can help it! I have some Fabreeze that I spray that helps neutralize the odors, plus spray down any spot they've marked. They don't do it as much any more, so that is a good thing. Thanks for the info!