Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Valley Fever
Larry2704 posted:
I have a Labrador Retriever; Levi is approx 6 Years old. Levi is up with his current Vacanies. On the 26th of August my Wife and I noticed that he wasn't well so we took him over to a Local Vet Hospital were they ran some testing Blood, Bowl Movement. I havent recieved any Determination of what the issue is. The Vet gave up the Following Meds;Tramadol 50mg, Metronidazole 500mg and FortFlora. I gave hin Baby Asprin to break his Tempature. Levi diet consist of Iams Pro Active Dry food and 1/3 bag of Moist and Meaty and Ice Water.Basicly he is very Healthy. When he was approx 1 Year old he came down with Valley Fever. We live in Arizona; To make a long story short he got it again; I think because he wasn't getting any better so I called the Vet Hospital back and they gave me a new Medication called FLUCONAZOLE200 MG. i GAVE HIM two tablets as instructed and within a few hours he was Bouncing back to his Normal happy behavior. I am continueing to give him his Meds every 12 hours. He is returning to his happy self. Is there a Vitimun I can give him DAILY to build his Immune system back up and stop this from ever happening again? We LOve our Animals and take care to the Best that is possible. Thank you

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections