Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    How do I know if my dog is sick or dying?
    Clairsmom posted:
    I have a 6 year old MinPin named Clair.... about a month ago we had taken her to the vet because she had been drinking a lot, peeing a lot and becoming very lethargic. We found out she had an obstruction in her stomach (a piece of corn cob) and had to have surgery to remove it. After surgery her red blood count jumped because she had internal bleeding and ended up needing a transfusion. Finally after all this was done we found out that she has Cushings. She still was not herself but we were able to bring her home after two weeks at the hospital and although still lethargic she was eating and drinking on her own. Over the past 5 days she has stopped eating and drinking all together. We can get her to eat a little if we give her baby food thought a dropper. I am not sure if she is just giving up and wants us to let her go... or if she is just having stomach issues due to the antibiotics we had her on for so long. I do not want to see her suffer but at the same time I do not want to lose my best friend if she is able to be saved. Any advise would help a lot. Thank you!
    bpcookie responded:
    I wish I had an answer to your situation. I just want to say that Im sorry about your fur baby. What a horrible situation to be in, not knowing what to do. If it were my dog I would take her to the vets, but a different vet. Dont take her to the one who did the surgery. Call and have them transfer the records over to the other vets office. Im not trying to say that your vet. did anything wrong, but sometimes it helps to have a second Dr. give his diagnosis.

    I have lost pets before and I know the fear that your going through. Take care.

    Helpful Tips

    How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
    Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    19 of 26 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    Learn more about the AVMA

    WebMD Special Sections