Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
bengal cat collasped
fcarini1 posted:
I have a bengal cat, he's 6 years old, today I noticed that he collaspsed for a awile couldnt get up and he was just moving his toes. he the got up and was a little wobbley. I never saw that before. I am away from the house alot . Is there a problem with he being alone himself?

MaineD2 responded:
I hope you have taken your cat to the vet by now. Collapsing is not normal. Actually I knew one of my cats was quite sick and one day she collapsed and laid there, just looking at me. I picked her up and she seemed fine. I don't want to scare you with the details of her illness, but I would take your cat to the vet and have him checked out.

AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Drew Weigner, DVM, ABVP responded:
What you're describing could be a seizure or a fainting spell (called "syncope") but, whatever it is, your cat needs to see your veterinarian. Many diseases can cause this, including heart disease, hypoglycemia, epilepsy, etc. Collapse is a symptom of a potentially serious underlying disease and should not be ignored.

Drew Weigner, DVM, ABVP
The Cat Doctor
Board Certified in Feline Practice

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

to: Msapprehension
dogs eat their poop by nature. before dogs were "pets" they were wild and ran in packs. they ate their poop everyday for two reasons: 1 - ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections