Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

Green Feces - Losing weight
    paulas posted:
    My 13.5 year old miniature poodle (male - unaltered) has been very sick for the past 2 weeks. Started with diarrhea - extreme - then a few days later came blood with the diarrhea (quite a lot - to alarm me). Vet suspected pancreatitis. Test came back neg. He is still having spells of shivering (and it is not cold). His stools went to normal until this last night. I noticed they were getting loose again. He also went to the sidewalk and scooted his butt (he never does this). This morning his stool was completely green and not firm, but not diarrhea. I noticed it looked very strange so I put it in a zip lock bag and examined it. I found 3 pieces of small object that looks like rice kernels. Nothing was moving, but I am concerned it could be parasites. He has been on a diet of only rice and chicken over the past 9 days, but I thought all rice would digest. He also was on a medicine for a viral bacteria and finished those. Right after he finished those the Vet put him on antibiotics because during all this he broke a nail near the root. He has been on those antibiotics for 3 days now. Do you have any insight on what I should do next for him. In the past 2 weeks he has lost over 1 pound and is now down to 8.1 pounds. I am very worried. Thanks you

Take the Poll

when is snickers birthday
    • May 17
    View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
    Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    36 of 48 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections