Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Siberian Husky broken left finger bone
    kitchie posted:
    Hi! My husky started limping 2 weeks ago and we took her to the vet. The doctor initially gave her anti-inflammatory meds to be taken for 2 weeks. According to the vet, there's no need for Allie to undergo an x-ray since she can put weight on her left paw but after 5 days we noticed there's no improvement and she started to lift her left leg and won't put it down while walking. We took her to the vet again and this time she advised us to have Allie get an x-ray. The result showed Allie had a broken finger bone. Unfortunately the vet told us it can't be repaired, the fractured bone is too small and can't be replaced. We were advised to do therapy for her by holding her left leg and making a circular motion everyday. We were also told that we should let Allie slowly put weight on her left paw while walking her. This will eventually let her realize that she can still walk with her four legs.

I hope those who can read this can help me with how to properly care for dogs who have fractured finger bone. I hate to see my Allie walking in such discomfort. I want to hear your thoughts about this and hopefully get feedback with those who have the same case. All of your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Helpful Tips

I think I finally have an answer for my grass eating Sadie!
    I have a Bloodhound/Lab mix, she is about four years old now, for the last two years she has been doing this same thing and I am so happy ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections