Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
inter dog issues
klsearle posted:
We rescued Roxy, a female mix, 6 years ago. I think she was about 4 months old at the time. One year later we rescued Daisy, another female mix, from a grocery store cart and two irresponsible kids. Unbeknownst to us, Daisy had parvo virus, and we nursed her back to health, but she has been a little "off" ever since. The vet said she was about 10 weeks old when we got her. They have been pretty good with each other through the years, no real problems other than Roxy being very territorial when people come over. After about ten minutes she calms down.

Now, Roxy is 6 and Daisy is 5. We got a St. Bernard puppy, Lilly, 3 months ago. She is now twice Roxy's size and 3 times Daisy's size and has the very typical lackadaisical St. Bernard temperament. Roxy has started being overly aggressive towards Daisy, who really is unable to defend herself. She, as I stated before, is a little slow and has no means with which to keep herself safe. No one has been hurt, or even close as we keep a pretty close eye on them. They used to all stay in the laundry room at night, but now we keep Daisy with us because we have woken up to Roxy fighting with her.

Please help us figure out where to go with the three of them!

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections