Joint MAX Triple Strength Soft Chews (240 Chews)
avatar
pontiy37 posted:
In September my 110lb doberman, ate a box of these chews. When we took him to the emergency clinic they didn't give him water and just put on IV, telling us that in the morning we could bring him home. My dog never came back home. I went back to amazon, to read reviews and found that another dog died from them earlier. I left my comment there, and since I have received two more comments from other users that their dogs died too. So in the short time there are 5 dogs died, and I am sure there is many more whose owners do not write. Vets seem completely unaware that glucosamine could cause liver failure. Why no study is done about it? Where do I need to write to stop selling of this product? Our dogs are in real danger.
Reply
 
avatar
rohvannyn responded:
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I also think vets need to be aware of glucosamine toxicity.

However, many things are poisonous if you or your pet eat a lot of it. Many kinds of vitamins can be hazardous. Even products made for pets can be, and often are, dangerous or deadlly if taken in excess. Stick to the instructions on the box for guidelines, and if it's a vitamin or supplement, especially one that is designed like a treat, keep it well out of their reach just like you would with children's medications that are sweetened.