Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
My Limping Dog
An_250202 posted:
My german shepherd has been limping for couple of days. We check his pad it looked okay. We did notice that when we touch top of right paw he pulled it back. He didnt cry, it doesnt look swollen. He still walks on it, in fact he even run on it. He seems normal except for the limp. He still eats okay, he seems the same as he always is. Could it be broken? We have it taped up pretty good with plenty of padding on top and bottom of paw to eliviate the pain. Could it just be a bruise also. He hasnt fallen, nothing fell on his paw. One night we just noticed him limping. we also checked for anything that might be caught underneath between his pads. Any suggestions?

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections