Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
French Bulldog Head Tremor
dmhammer posted:
Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories, it helped to calm us down when our 2 year old French Bulldog just had his first head tremor. His happened right when he woke up (a common theme it seems) and it happened about 6 times for 5-10 seconds. We gave him milk and sugar which seemed to make them stop. I was interested to read that they also might be pain related because we had taken him on an 8 mile hike (he probably did more like 12 miles running back and forth) which was by far the most physically demanding activity we have done with him. He didn't necessarily seem in pain but he definitely was slower to jump up which leads me to believe he was sore to some capacity. I also wanted to note that since he was a puppy he would have the same type of involuntary movement with his jaw right around bedtime. I never really thought twice about it before because it was much less severe and less noticeable then the head tremor and would last only a few seconds and stop. I thought of it more as a shiver such as one a human would experience in the cold. I am now wondering if the two are correlated. We took him to the vet and they basically just told us to keep an eye on him because he otherwise is totally healthy. I am glad to share these real life experiences because these posts are sometimes more insightful then what the vet can tell you!

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

Just feed them ?
I caught my dog frantically licking the floor in the middle of the night last night. I took her outside and she started eating dry leaves ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections