Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

French Bulldog Head Tremor
    dmhammer posted:
    Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories, it helped to calm us down when our 2 year old French Bulldog just had his first head tremor. His happened right when he woke up (a common theme it seems) and it happened about 6 times for 5-10 seconds. We gave him milk and sugar which seemed to make them stop. I was interested to read that they also might be pain related because we had taken him on an 8 mile hike (he probably did more like 12 miles running back and forth) which was by far the most physically demanding activity we have done with him. He didn't necessarily seem in pain but he definitely was slower to jump up which leads me to believe he was sore to some capacity. I also wanted to note that since he was a puppy he would have the same type of involuntary movement with his jaw right around bedtime. I never really thought twice about it before because it was much less severe and less noticeable then the head tremor and would last only a few seconds and stop. I thought of it more as a shiver such as one a human would experience in the cold. I am now wondering if the two are correlated. We took him to the vet and they basically just told us to keep an eye on him because he otherwise is totally healthy. I am glad to share these real life experiences because these posts are sometimes more insightful then what the vet can tell you!

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
    Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    36 of 48 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections