Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Very Sick Dog
jpepalis posted:
My 9 year old lab/great dane mix has been drinking a lot of water and urinating a lot, sometimes in the house. We did lab work and I was told she had low urine concentration ability, a low BUN, and anemia. Everything else checked out OK. She looses energy very quickly and becomes very still and looks like she's uncomfortable. She turns her head away from food when she's feeling this way. We are doing more tests, but they don't seem to think its diabetes. We're checking adrenal function and liver function tomorrow. The urination problem probably started about 6 months ago. The lethargy and bad times started about two weeks ago and are getting worse. I also think her belly is getting quite distended especially in the evenings if I've gotten her to eat. She also had shaking or trembling at the onset of the lethargy with regular grunting or groaning noises. I was told she has a low urin concentration ability, a low BUN count, and anemia.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

to: Msapprehension
dogs eat their poop by nature. before dogs were "pets" they were wild and ran in packs. they ate their poop everyday for two reasons: 1 - ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections