Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Skin issues - veterinary treatments have not helped.
    An_251085 posted:
    My siberian husky has had skin problem that develops in the exact same areas on the left side of her face and her head: around the left eye, in the whisker area, and lower jaw. She had been on several medications over a 3-4 mo. period and none have worked. ,Simplicef / Cefpodoxime 100 MG , Cephalexin 500mg (3 rounds), Drontal Plus, Ketoconazole 200mg. Per my vet, the next step was a $200 biopsy of the infected areas. I researched some others options, one being a hair analysis from a licensed herbalist. Her analysis revealed a lymphatic fluke - so I have been treating my dog with the recommended herbs for about 1 1/2 weeks. Too early to tell if it helping. Is anyone familiar with lymphatic flukes in dogs and what was the treatment?

Any responses are appreciated.

An_251085 responded:
    Here is a photo although not very clear.

Helpful Tips

I think I finally have an answer for my grass eating Sadie!
    I have a Bloodhound/Lab mix, she is about four years old now, for the last two years she has been doing this same thing and I am so happy ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections